- Scotland to go into full lockdown at midnight, Sturgeon announces
- Boris Johnson set to tighten England Covid-19 lockdown
- Tier 5, closed schools, lockdown? The new rules England could face
- Man, 82, first in world to get Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine
- Global coronavirus updates – live
Commenting on the news that Boris Johnson will make a TV address to the nation tonight, Sir Keir Starmer said:
I hope the prime minister has been listening to the clear calls for tough national restrictions.
The virus is clearly out of control.
It’s not good enough for the Prime Minister to hint at further restrictions at unspecified times and then do nothing.
He must put national restrictions in place within the next 24 hours.
No more dither, no more delay.
NHS England has recorded 376 further deaths of hospital patients who have tested positive for coronavirus. The details are here.
For comparison, here are the equivalent figures for the last four Mondays.