Wales deaths rise by 41, Scotland by 81, Northern Ireland by four and England by 765; PM in ‘good spirits’ receiving standard oxygen treatment; UK lockdown set to remain
- Global coronavirus updates – live
- Latest developments: at a glance
- UK lockdown likely to be extended, says cabinet minister
- Coronavirus in the UK: 10 telling moments from the past 100 days
- See all of our coronavirus coverage
The prime minister remains in intensive care but he “continues to make positive steps forwards” and is “in good spirits”.
The government’s daily press briefing is due to begin shortly and will be fronted by the first secretary of state Dominic Raab.
He will be joined by the chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance and the chief medical officer for England Chris Whitty.