Scientists warn easing lockdown too quickly could push Covid-19 death toll to 73,000
- UK economy shrinks by 2% as Covid-19 slump begins – business live
- Millions with health conditions at risk ‘if forced back to work’
- How Covid-19 lockdown rules differ across UK
- Coronavirus global updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Good morning, this is Jessica Murray, I’ll be leading the UK live blog for the next few hours, on the first day coronavirus lockdown restrictions are being eased – in varying ways – around the country.
From today in England, people are allowed unlimited exercise outside, with limited socialising in open spaces, and businesses are encouraged to reopen.