- Joe Biden sworn in as America’s 46th president
- Kamala Harris: US’s first female, Black and south Asian VP
- Biden’s pledge to vaccinate 100m in 100 days faces test
- Amanda Gorman: young poet steals inauguration show
- Trump tells Americans ‘have a good life’ as he leaves White House
Before leaving office, Donald Trump reportedly issued a directive for thirteen members of his family to receive Secret Service protection for another six months.
The Washington Post reports:
Under federal law, Trump, his wife Melania and their 14-year-old son are the only members of his immediate family entitled to Secret Service protection after they leave office.
The couple will receive it for their lifetimes, and Barron is entitled to protection until he turns 16. Former Vice President Mike Pence and his wife Karen Pence will also receive continued Secret Service security for the next six months under the same law governing protection.
As is typical with presidential transitions, there are already new photos up in the West Wing to celebrate Joe Biden’s inauguration.
A CNN reporter shared these photos from the White House:
In with the new in the West Wing pic.twitter.com/086WwpyXfI