PIERS Morgan has confirmed he will see two of his sons for the first time in 10 weeks after Boris Johnson relaxed lockdown rules.
Susanna Reid asked her GMB co-star today if he’d picked a son to visit now Brits can see someone from a different household while maintain a two-metre distance.
Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
Piers Morgan has confirmed he will see two of his sons for the first time in 10 weeks after Boris Johnson relaxed lockdown rules[/caption]
“I’m going to see both my sons,” said Piers.
Feigning surprise, Susanna replied: “What? You’re not allowed to see them at the same time Piers Morgan.”
He continued: “Separate times, separate days. One son I’ve employed as my cleaner and the other son I’m employing as my part time estate agent. So that way I can see them both in houses. It’s just common sense.”
Piers is currently spending lockdown with his wife Celia and daughter Elise, eight.
Eldest Spencer, centre, jokingly told his dad ‘stay away from us’[/caption]
He didn’t specify which of his three sons Spencer, 26, Stanley, 22, and Albert, 19, he will be seeing.
Spencer jokingly told his dad “stay away from us” after he lamented not being able to see his children in lockdown earlier in the week.
Following Boris Johnson’s public address on Sunday night, Piers took to Twitter to seek clarification on the lockdown changes.
Piers Morgan’s son Spencer told his dad ‘stay away from us’ after the GMB host lamented not being able to see his children in lockdown[/caption]
He wrote: “I haven’t seen two of my sons for 10 weeks. They live 10 minutes away, next to a large common. Am I allowed to go and see them, if I stay 2 metres away?
“The answer appears to be no, yet I can see 1000s of strangers a day in my local park if I stay 2m away.”
Never one to miss out on a bit of banter with his dad, Spencer retweeted it and added: “No, stay away from us.”
It sparked many crying with laughter emojis and praise from his followers.
This morning Piers slammed Boris’s plans, saying: “I can see thousands of strangers in the park but not my own sons”.
The presenter, 55, was off the show last week after suffering a shortness of breath, cough and fatigue.
But on his return on Monday he blasted the Prime Minister’s address to the nation.
Co-host Susanna Reid welcomed him back and asked how he was feeling.
Piers replied: “I feel fine except I feel extremely frustrated by what I watched last night.
“I don’t know where it leaves us and I don’t understand the sequence of events here.
“Boris Johnson clears 15 minutes of prime time, Sunday night television, to address the nation.
“And you expect when you get that amount of time on a Sunday night at seven o’clock you would get loads of great detail that clears everything up.
“Instead we got a load of his usual flim-flam, his bluster, his bellicose, fist-pumping rhetoric. But when it gets to the detail, I don’t know where it leaves us.”
Viewers were divided by Piers’ return, with one saying: “Must admit you got it right today off the bat we’re all confused I was it’s so damaging to the public right now that message!”
Another added: “That’s the best thing Piers has said in weeks.”
A third said: “Welcome back Piers. Don’t forget in Wales and Scotland we are still being told to stay home thankfully.”
However, others weren’t as pleased to see him back, with one saying: “The Morgan ramblings are getting evermore unhinged. Who’d have thought that was possible?”
A second said: “Negativity. Let me spell it out for you. Boris said ‘Further details will be explained in the commons tomorrow and at the 5PM briefing’. There is no confusion, wait and find out what he’s going to say today just like we all have to do. You’re losing your grip.”
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN THE KNOW
Don’t miss the latest news and figures – and essential advice for you and your family.
To receive The Sun’s Coronavirus newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, simply ‘Like’ our Coronavirus page.
Get Britain’s best-selling newspaper delivered to your smartphone or tablet each day – find out more.
MOST READ IN TV AND SHOWBIZ
Most of Britain’s strict lockdown measures will stay in place for now as it’s still too soon to make any major changes, he said.
Piers tested negative for coronavirus after developing symtoms.
He told fans last week: “UPDATE: My COVID-19 test was negative.
“I was advised to take the test by my doctor after developing possible coronavirus symptoms, and was entitled to do so as a Govt-designated essential worker.”
Got a story? email email@example.com or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.