LOMBOK has been struck by another earthquake just two weeks after the last disaster killed more than 400 people.
The Indonesian island was rocked by a 6.3 magnitude quake at a depth of 7.9km early on Sunday, according to the US Geological Survey.
There’s currently no information on damage of casualties.
The epicentre was 6.3 kilometres northeast of Sembalun, one of the sub-districts in East Lombok district, where residents said they felt the quake strongly.
Resident Agus Salim said: “I was driving to deliver aid to evacuees when suddenly the electricity pole was swaying. I realised it was an earthquake.
“People started to scream and cry. They all ran to the street.”
It’s the latest in a series of earthquakes to hit the south east Asian country, which neighbours Bali – Indonesia’s top tourist destination and a top travel spot for Brits.
A 6.4 magnitude tremor struck at 6.47am on July 29 causing many buildings to collapse.
Around 66 quakes were recorded after the initial tremor, with the largest aftershock recorded at 5.7 magnitude, said the disaster mitigation agency.
Earlier this month, a second quake hit the island on August 5 measuring a massive magnitude 7.
Then another powerful and deadly earthquake with a magnitude of 6.2 hit on August 9, leaving 460 people dead and 1,400 injured.
Around 90 per cent of the world’s earthquakes take place in this 25,000 mile horseshoe shape.
MOST READ IN NEWS
Frequent earthquakes hit Indonesia due to the meeting of major tectonic plates in the region.
Lombok itself lies on the destructive plate boundary between the Australian Plate and the Sunda Plate.
The 2018 earthquakes are believed to be caused by the arc being pushed over the back-arc Bali Basin along a major thrust fault, called the Flores Thrust.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.