WITH the UK now used to life indoors due to the current lockdown, we are all on the lookout for something good to watch.
Well fear not, Amazon Prime Video is full to the brim with good movies and TV shows in May 2020.
What will be released on Amazon Prime Video UK in May 2020?
Twelve-year-old Ted lives in a place virtually devoid of nature; no flowers or trees grow in the town of Thneedville.
Ted would very much like to win the heart of Audrey, the girl of his dreams, but to do this, he must find that which she most desires: a Truffula tree.
To get it, Ted delves into the story of the Lorax, once the gruff guardian of the forest, and the Once-ler, who let greed overtake his respect for nature.
American Psycho (2000)
Christian Bale to takes the lead in this noughties horror movie.
Patrick Bateman, a wealthy investment banker, hides his psychopathic ego from his friends.
Later, his illogical fantasies escalate and he submits to an uncontrollable bloodlust.
The full list of new shows and movies on Amazon Prime Video in May 2020?
- The Lorax
- American Psycho
- Jimmy O. Yang: Good Deal
- Homecoming – Season 2
More on Amazon Prime Video in 2020
The following titles don’t have release dates, but are coming out in 2020:
- Cortés – Follow the inexorable march and eventual clash between the Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés and Aztec Emperor Moctezuma II, leading to the annihilation of an empire and tragic downfall of a civilisation that took centuries to build, but less than two years to destroy.
- World’s Toughest Race: Eco Challenge Fiji – Hosted by Bear Grylls, World’s Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fijiis the ultimate expedition race in which teams will race non-stop, 24 hours a day, across hundreds of miles of rugged backcountry terrain complete with mountains, jungles and oceans. Each race team is comprised of four competitors, including at least one member of the opposite sex, and one assistant crew member that will be helping their team from home base.
- Failing Upwards – Comedian Iain Stirling is set to record his first hour long filmed special, Failing Upwards. It will explore topics including his inability to function in the most basic of public settings, social media’s constant pressure to “live your best life” and that one time a man stole his shoes.
- Fernando Torres: El Último Símbolo – Fernando Torres is one of the greatest icons of Spanish footballs’ ‘golden age’. This documentary follows the player’s unique career trajectory, which saw him become a living legend for Atlético Madrid and the Spanish National Team, to his retirement from football. It will look back at some of the player’s highs and lows, with new interviews with Torres as he discusses his life and describes the most emotional moments of his career.
- Hanna Season 2 – Catch up on Season 1 hereRaised in total seclusion in the remote woods of Eastern Europe,15-year-old Hanna has spent her entire young life training to fight those who hunt her and her mercenary father, Erik HellerHer survivalist skills are finally tested when she and Erik are separated upon their discovery by a rogue CIA operative, Marissa Wiegler.
- Invincible – Seventeen-year-old Mark Grayson, is just like every other guy his age —except that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet, Omni-Man. But as Mark develops powers of his own, he discovers that his father’s legacy may not be as heroic as it seems.J
- LOL: Last One Laughing – A cast of 10 talented Australian comics who bring various styles to the table including stand-up, character, improvisational and physical comedy among others. The final comedian left standing will win the grand prize of AUD $100,000.
- New Amsterdam Season 2 Part 2 – Part one’s heart-stopping finale left viewers on edge, with the future of New Amsterdam’s doctors up in the air. New Amsterdam stars Ryan Eggold as Dr. Max Goodwin, Janet Montgomery as Dr. Lauren Bloom, and Freema Agyeman as Dr. Helen Sharpe.
- The Boys Season 2 – What happens when superheroes, who are as popular as celebrities, as influential as politicians and as revered as Gods, abuse their superpowers rather than use them for good? It’s the powerless against the super powerful as The Boys embark on a heroic quest to expose the truth about “The Seven”, and their formidable Vought backing.
- The Walking Dead: World Beyond – The show focuses on the first generation raised in the zombie apocalypse. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.
- The Wilds – Part survival drama, part dystopic slumber party, The Wilds follows a group of teenage girls from radically different backgrounds after an airplane crash leaves them stranded on a deserted island.
More on Amazon Prime Video
- Truth Seekers – A horror comedy series about a team of part-time paranormal investigators who team up to uncover and film ghost sightings across the UK, sharing their adventures on an online channel for all to see. As they stake out haunted churches, underground bunkers and abandoned hospitals with their array of homemade ghost-detecting gizmos, their supernatural experiences grow more frequent, more terrifying and even deadly, as they begin to uncover a conspiracy that could bring about Armageddon for the entire human race.