IT’S the question on all Glastonbury festival goers’ mind – wellies or flip-flops?
Here is what we know now about how the weather will shape up come the last weekend in June.
What’s the latest weather outlook from the Met Office?
After a week of heavy showers across the country the skies look set to clear up in time for Glastonbury which kicks off on Wednesday, June 26 to Sunday June 30.
According to the Met Office, while there are high chances of heavy showers up in the North over the weekend, Glastonbury should be spared the larger part of it and will experience “light cloud and gentle breeze”.
Temperatures are looking pretty warm, with highs of 22C.
But there’s a good chance of rain – currently a 20 per cent likelihood.
It’s too early to get a detailed forecast for the festival at Worthy Farm in Somerset as there’s still over a week to go, but the general outlook for June 26 to 30 is looking fairly pleasant.
When is Glastonbury 2019?
Glastonbury festival will take place between Friday June 28, 2019, and Sunday, June 30, 2019.
This means that organisers are giving the land at Worthy Farm, where the festival is held, time to recover from the excessive stomping of thousands of festival-goers.
Who is playing at Glastonbury 2019?
Here are the rumours and the confirmed acts so far:
- On June 25, 2018, it was revealed by The Sun that Madonna would be playing her first Glastonbury in 2019.
- On August 6, 2018, Rapper Kendrick Lamar became in talks alongside Sir Paul McCartney to headline the music festival as it becomes more ‘forward-thinking’.
- In November 2018, it was announced that Stormzy was one of the artists to headline the festival, making him the first grime headliner.
- In December 2018, it was revealed that The Spice Girls are also in talks to headline the festival which would round off their reunion tour.
- Also in December 2018, it was confirmed that Kylie Minogue would headline the festival.
- In March 2019, The Sun reported how The Killers and The Cure were in talks to headline the show.
MOST READ IN NEWS
What is the weather usually like for Glastonbury?
Glastonbury Festival is famous for its changeable weather conditions the event has seen.
In almost 50 years it has seen festival goers soaked to the bone or collapsing with heat exhaustion and sun stroke.
It was the later in 2017 when the weather was scorching.
During the first festival in 1970 the sun was also shining.
But 2009 wasn’t such a sunny affair.
Downpours and some spectacular thunderstorms was the headlining act.