KICK off the fun during the Women’s World Cup this weekend and enjoy a fantastic football fiesta.
Gather friends and family to watch England and Scotland battle it out on Sunday.
Get your friends round for a football party and treat them to these great recipes[/caption]
Get match-fit with my great offers on party food, and get cheered on by your guests for giving your spread a footie theme.
Plus, try some great recipes from around the globe from morrisons.com.
SAVE £1.50 on a classic ales mixed pack, 6 x 500ml, at Sainsbury’s, now priced £8.
Buy two for £6 on Britvic J2O at Waitrose, £3.55 each until June 11.
Crack open three bottles of Kopparberg pear cider, 500ml, for £5 or £2.30 each at Morrisons.
Get three packs of selected beer or cider at Morrisons for £21 (priced from £9 to £10.54 individually) including eight bottles of Bulmers cider and 12 bottles of Kronenbourg 1664. This offer is not available in Scotland.
And get a £1 saving on four bottles of Corona beer at Waitrose– now £4.50.
Pizza Quattro Stagioni
- 650g strong plain flour
- 5g fast-acting yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 50ml milk
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 courgette
- 50g black olives
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 2 mozzarella balls
- 50g pepperoni
- For the pizza dough, mix the flour, yeast, salt and milk together and knead for ten to 15 minutes until smooth and soft. Place in an oiled bowl, cover and leave to double in size (a warm environment helps). When ready, divide into four pieces. Roll out to a circle – about 12in in diameter and 3mm deep – on a floured surface. Place on a baking tray over a sheet of parchment.
- For the topping, finely chop the onion and crush the garlic and cook in oil, without browning, for five minutes until soft. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook on a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the oregano, then season and sweeten (with sugar) if required. Set aside. Slice the mushrooms and courgettes and lightly sauté in oil for five minutes. Slice the olives and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Tear the buffalo mozzarella into chunks and mix with a little oil and oregano.
- Coat the base with the tomato sauce, then add the toppings of olives, mushrooms, tomatoes and pepperoni – they can be mixed or laid out in quarters.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella. Season to taste and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 180C fan for ten minutes or until cheese colours. Serve hot.
ANYTHING goes – as long as it is round and potentially kickable.
It’s time to set the table with Tesco Football cups, napkins and plates, all £1.25 each or buy five for the price of four.
Kick things off with Pizza Express dough balls, 200g, half price at Tesco, now £1.50.
When it comes to the crunch, turn to Asda cheesy balls, 150g, 69p.
Keep your energy up with essential Waitrose 12 picnic eggs, £1.35.
Ole, Ole, olive! Save £1 on Sainsbury’s Trio of Spanish Olives, 300g, now £2.50.
Feed your team with £1 off Pringles Original or Salt & Vinegar, 200g, at Morrisons, now £1.25.
Keep your cool with two packs of eight Dairy Milk Mini Cones, £2 each, for £3, at Morrisons.
Bake some celebration cakes with Tesco 100 football fairy cake cases, £1.
And top things off with Dr Oetker chocolate football cake toppers, £1.79 from Asda.
Prepare for corners with Muller Corner kids mini coated cereal footballs with vanilla yoghurt, 4 x 135g, £2.50, at Asda.
Celebrate a win with Sainsbury’s Football Crazy Cake, 750g, serves 12, £7.
Then cool off with some Morrisons melon balls, £2.
Mediterranean Meatball Gyros
- 200g minced beef
- 200g minced pork
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 2 pinches salt and pepper
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 flatbreads
- 1 tzatziki pot
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
MOST READ IN MONEY
- Combine all the ingredients (except the flatbread, tzatziki, tomato and red onion) together and form into small balls.
- Fry in a little oil until coloured all over.
- Place into the oven at 180C for 15 minutes. Serve on a warmed flatbread with tzatziki, sliced tomato and red onion.
GET carried away with £5 Morrisons Indian takeaway bags, saving £2.50.
For a pizza the action, buy two 14in Morrisons pizzas from the in-store counter for £7, ends Sunday.
Tesco has half-price Cornetto Classic ice cream cones 6x90ml, £1.50 until Monday.
Tuck into sweet treats with two for £3 on selected sharing tubs at Tesco including Tesco rocky road clusters, £1.80.
Save 25p on Sainsbury’s Summer Edition eight harissa lamb and chicken koftas, now priced £2.
- GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL email@example.com