- US reaches milestone according to Johns Hopkins figures
- President said he ‘would have to check’ dates of the warnings he received
- Cuomo: New York deaths are lowering ‘but not at a tremendous rate’
- Hillary Clinton expected to endorse Joe Biden today
- Live global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Lois Beckett here in San Francisco picking up this evening’s live political news coverage. For Americans worried about paying their bills, an update from the White House, which is “studying very carefully” the possibility of more direct cash support from the government.
Asked if he thinks anything more than the $1,200 payment needs go out to Americans, Trump adviser Kevin Hassett: “I think that’s something that we’re studying very carefully. I know that people in the House are as well. I expect it’s very likely there will be a phase four deal.“ pic.twitter.com/eZXNavZE0n
That’s it from me today. My west coast colleague, Lois Beckett, will take over the blog for the next few hours.
Here’s where the day stands so far: