Health secretary takes questions from Commons committee; further 58 deaths in Scotland brings total to 837
- Boris Johnson and coronavirus: the inside story of his illness
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
- World’s biggest trials of drug to treat Covid-19 get under way in UK
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The Welsh government has announced a string of initiatives it is taking as it works towards a lockdown exit.
The first minister Mark Drakeford said the Labour-led administration was looking forward “carefully and cautiously” to the future.
We are planning for the day when things can change. If the data and the science tells us in three weeks time that we have suppressed the circulation of the virus to an extent where it is possible to begin to lift restrictions that is what we will look to do.
There may be some things at the margins that we will do differently in different parts of the UK but a UK way of doing things remains a strength.