Irish taoiseach Leo Varadkar denies picnic with friends was rule breach; World health leaders urge green recovery; Singapore warns of worst economic contraction
- Global report: ‘disaster’ looms as WHO warns of second peak
- WHO warns of ‘second peak’ in areas where Covid-19 declining
- WHO halts hydroxychloroquine trial for coronavirus amid safety fears
- Dominic Cummings refuses to resign or apologise for lockdown breach
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
Indonesia has today reported 415 new confirmed cases of Covid-19, and 27 deaths. This brings their total number of infections to 23,165, with 1,418 fatalities. Malaysia has today reported 187 new coronavirus cases, and no new fatalities.
As of a few minutes ago the total number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 worldwide now stands at 5,508,904, according to Johns Hopkins University’s coronavirus tracker. The number of deaths worldwide as a result of the coronavirus stands at 346,326. True death tolls and cases are likely to be significantly higher due to differing definitions and testing rates, delays and suspected underreporting.