US has one 1 in 5 cases globally; global cases pass 850,000; record daily fatalities in UK, France, Italy, Spain and Russia. Follow the latest updates.
- UK coronavirus – latest updates
- US coronavirus – live updates
- Australia coronavirus – live updates
- China and Korea delay college exams to get lid on coronavirus
- See all our coronavirus coverage
More now on that warning from US Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, who said the world faces the most challenging crisis since the second world war.
The New York Times reports that the US Centers for Disease Control is reconsidering its guidelines on masks, as it warns that up to 25% of people infected with the virus do not show symptoms.