Trump says having highest cases is a ‘badge of honour’; Ardern flags four-day work week as way to rebuild; global cases hit 4.9m
- UN chief praises Africa’s efforts to stem virus
- Brazil’s deadliest day as Trump calls US cases a ‘badge of honour’
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- Australia coronavirus updates – live
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
Police in the Philippines have raided an illegal hospital that had been secretly treating Chinese coronavirus patients.
Two people were arrested and one patient was found during the raid on Tuesday at a residential villa that had been turned into a hospital with seven beds and its own chemists, authorities said.
China will have to ‘rapidly activate domestic demand’, according to the country’s minister for industry, as the coronavirus cuts into global trade.