Attention has turned to the White House ceremony where Donald Trump named his supreme court nominee as a potential super spreader event
- Scrutiny on Rose Garden event after Conway and others test positive
- White House doctor: president is ‘fatigued but in good spirits’
- Trump’s symptoms include low-grade fever and cough, reports say
- Biden: Trump’s test ‘bracing reminder’ to ‘take this virus seriously’
- Biden and his wife test negative for coronavirus
The Philippines has reported 2,674 new coronavirus infections in the past 24 hours, the highest daily increase in five days.
Health ministry figures published on Saturday showed the a further 62 people had died from the virus.
A coronavirus vaccine could be be rolled out across Britain in as little as three months, according to a report in the Times.
Unnamed government sources involved in making and distributing the Oxford vaccine told the Times they expect a full inoculation programme, which would exclude children, could take six months or less after approval.