Israel’s prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu in self-isolation; Moscow announces lockdown of 12m people; Syria records first death
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
- Global roundup: Moscow and Lagos in lockdown
- Tokyo Olympics to start in July 2021 after rescheduling
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The start of the 2020 F1 season has been decimated by the global pandemic, with the opening six races of the year either cancelled or postponed. As things stand, the first grand prix of a truncated season will be in Canada on 14 June but that will almost certainly change in the coming days.
The Tokyo Olympics will take place between 23 July 23 and 8 August next year, the International Olympic Committee has confirmed
The statement from the IOC which followed a meeting of the Tokyo 2020 organising committee.