China marks one month with no Covid-19 deaths; virus pushes Germany into recession; Italy and Germany to ease more restrictions
- Spain hails large-scale antibody study as a key tool
- Denmark reports zero coronavirus-related deaths
- World agog as Trump flails over pandemic
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- US coronavirus updates – live
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
Austria has outlined plans to start allowing seated cultural events of up to 100 people in two weeks’ time, ramping up to 1,000 people from 1 August, Reuters reports.
US stock market futures have fallen ahead of the opening bell on Wall Street today after worse than expected US retail sales and revived fears of a China-US trade war.