- New Zealand traces 320 ‘close contacts’ of two new cases
- New Zealand brings in military after Covid-19 quarantine fiasco
- Beijing raises alert level
- Covid-19 outbreaks in New Zealand and China highlight stark choices
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Hello all. Thanks very much for following our live coverage. I’m Josh Halliday in not-so-sunny Manchester, England, to steer you through the next few hours. I’m on Twitter and email if you want to send me news tips, information or just say hello:
Twitter: @JoshHalliday (DMs open)
The Afghan health ministry has detected 564 new Covid-19 infections, taking the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 26,874. The number of deaths has risen by 13 to 504.
The war-torn country, which has admitted it has a lack of testing capacity, has tested 60,298 suspected patients since the outbreak began. There have been 6,158 recoveries.