PM Jacinda Ardern outlines easing curbs to allow domestic travel and eating out; White House says US-China relationship one of ‘disappointment’; eurozone’s future threatened. Follow the latest updates
- Trump’s push to reopen US risks ‘death sentence’ for many, experts warn
- Coronavirus threatens future of eurozone
- Pressure on Johnson as UK’s daily Covid testing target missed again
- Australia coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The United Nations has warned that the coronavirus pandemic could cause “multiple famines”.
The comments came as the UN appealed for a further $4.7bn (£3.8bn) in funding for its global humanitarian response plan.