- German vaccine officials forced to guess who is eligible from names
- US suffers bleak January as Covid rages and vaccinations falter
- Brazil rushes to save premature babies as Covid swamps hospitals
- China rushes to vaccinate 50 million as holiday looms
- What are vaccine passports and do they pose a danger to privacy?
The French government said 389,000 people have received the coronavirus vaccine thus far, Reuters is reporting.
Scattered vaccine shortages cropped up on the front lines of the US battle against the pandemic, prompting at least one large healthcare system to cancel a slew of appointments of people hoping to be inoculated.
The supply-chain blips arose as the country struggles to speed up the pace of vaccinations, which totaled 12.3 million, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
If there’s no supply, we’re going to have to freeze the appointment system,” he said.
That would be insane after all the progress has been made.”