Spain death toll passes 10,000; Italy reports 760 new deaths, taking total to 13,915, but a slower growth rate in infections; Thailand imposes national curfew
- Latest developments: at a glance
- Top European teaching hospitals running out of coronavirus drugs
- Spies and export bans: the global battle for equipment
- US coronavirus – latest updates
- See all of our coronavirus coverage
The US navy has relieved the commander of the aircraft carrier, Theodore Roosevelt, after he wrote a scathing letter asking for stronger measures to control an outbreak onboard that ended up being leaked to the public.
Egypt has reported 86 new cases, bringing the total number to 865, its health ministry has said. That is the highest daily jump since registering the first case in February. Six more people died of the virus, the ministry said in a statement. In total, 58 people have died.