Trump says he could cut China ties; Mexico sees record increase in cases; EU insists vaccine must be available to all countries
- China marks one month with no new coronavirus deaths announced
- Trump threat to cut ties over virus branded ‘lunacy’ by Chinese media
- Flying long haul during Covid-19: air travel has never been stranger
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
Russia has announced more than 10,000 new coronavirus infections on Friday bringing the country’s total to 262,843, the second-highest in the world after the United States.
Russian President Vladimir Putin this week announced that a nationwide lockdown aimed at slowing the spread of the virus would be eased, even as health officials record a steady increase in new cases.
German output shrank by 2.2% in the first quarter of 2020, official data showed Friday, as the coronavirus pandemic tipped Europe’s top economy into a recession, AFP reports.
The quarter-on-quarter contraction is “the worst since the financial crisis” in 2009, federal statistics office Destatis said.