Ireland and Netherlands report first cases as US officials monitor thousands getting off domestic flights for symptoms. Follow live news
- Coronavirus fears trigger biggest one-day fall on US stock market
- Mike Pence ‘not up to task’ of leading US coronavirus response, say experts
- What are super-spreaders and how are they transmitting coronavirus?
- UK schools and offices could close for up to two months
- Coronavirus map: how Covid-19 is spreading across the world
- Share your experiences
The operator of Tokyo’s two Disney resorts, Disneyland and DisneySea, said Friday the parks would be closed for around two weeks on fears over the outbreak of the new coronavirus.
“Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea have decided to proceed with an extraordinary closure from Saturday February 29, 2020, through Sunday 15 March”, after the government urged measures to limit the spread of the virus, the operator said in a statement.