LONDON Underground drivers on the Bakerloo line will stage strike action this weekend in a row over timetable changes.
Here’s what we know about the action and other disruptions that could affect your travel plans in the capital.
Bakerloo line drivers will stage a strike this weekend[/caption]
When is the Bakerloo strike?
Strikes on London’s Bakerloo line will go ahead this weekend, union bosses say.
Drivers with the Maritime and Transport (RMT) union will walk out from noon tomorrow, February 21, for 24 hours, and again from noon on Sunday February 23.
RMT said the dispute is over “unworkable” changes to the timetable, due to start next month, that places drivers under “intolerable levels of personal stress”.
The union added that it had tried to negotiate with London Underground, but talks were unsuccessful.
Mick Cash, RMT general secretary, said: “Drivers voted overwhelmingly for action in this dispute which is all about the management imposing timetable changes on the Bakerloo line without any serious recognition of the stress impact on the operators expected to implement them.
“The bottom line is that you cannot place intolerable stress and pressure on tube drivers that impacts on their safety-critical role and that is what this dispute is all about. The union remains available for talks.”
Drivers say they’re under ‘intolerable’ stress due to timetable changes[/caption]
What other TfL disruptions are happening this weekend?
Other services facing disruptions this weekend are listed on TfL’s website.
There will be no service between these stations:
- London Overground – February 22, Shepherd’s Bush to Willesden Junction
- London Overground – Saturday 22 and Sunday 23: Whitechapel station, trains will not stop (including during Friday and Saturday London Overground Night Service)
- London Overground – Saturday 22 and Sunday 23: Edmonton Green to Cheshunt and Romford to Upminster
- London Overground – Sunday 23: Willesden Junction to Clapham Junction, Wandsworth Road to Clapham Junction and Euston to Kilburn High Road until 12.15 pm and after 8.15 pm
- Circle Line – Saturday 22 and Sunday 23: entire line
- District line – Saturday 22 and Sunday 23: South Kensington to East Ham
- Hammersmith & City – Saturday 22 and Sunday 23: Baker Street to Barking
- Metropolitan – Saturday 22 and Sunday 23: Baker Street to Aldgate
- Northern – Saturday 22 and Sunday 23: Moorgate to Kennington and Camden Town to High Barnet from 01.30 until 03.30 (during Friday and Saturday Night Tube)
- London Trams – Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 Wimbledon to Dundonald Road
- TfL Rail – Saturday 22 and Sunday 23: Liverpool Street to Shenfield
most read in news