THE Great British Bake Off is back for another year as contestants battle it out to make the best sponges, tarts and pastries.
Here’s everything you need to know about the new series featuring judges Prue Leith and Paul Hollywood.
When does The Great British Bake Off 2018 start on Channel 4?
The Great British Bake Off 2018 will start on Tuesday, August 28, at 8pm on Channel 4.
The 2017 series was won by Sophie Faldo and will see the same judging panel return.
The series is back on Channel 4 after it left the BBC in 2017 which saw former judge Mary Berry quit.
Mary is now fronting her own show – Britain’s Best Home Cook.
Who is presenting The Great British Bake Off 2018?
Noel is a British comedian who is best known for creating the series The Mighty Boosh.
Sandi is a Danish-British comedian who has hosted The News Quiz and QI.
Jo Brand is also expected to return as the host of the GBBO aftershow An Extra Slice.
Who are the judges of The Great British Bake Off 2018?
Paul Hollywood stuck with the show when it moved to Channel 4 from BBC with Prue joining as a new judge in 2017.
She wrote on social media that she was “thrilled” to be back for the new series.
Prue is a restaurateur, novelist and cookery writer and Paul is a renowned chef.
MORE ON GBBO
Who are the contestants in the line-up of Great British Bake Off 2018?
The line-up features a range of people from different professions and parts of the country…
- Luke, 30 – Civil Servant/ House and Techno DJ – Sheffield
- Antony, 30 – Banker – London
- Kim-Joy, 27 – Mental Health Specialist – Leeds
- Jon, 47 – Blood Courier – Newport, Wales
- Ruby, 23 – Project Manager – London
- Dan, 36 – Full-Time Parent – London
- Rahul, 30 – Research Assistant – Rotherham
- Manon, 26 – Software Project Manager – London
- Karen, 60 – In-Store Sampling Assistant – West Yorkshire
- Imelda, 33 – Countryside Recreation Officer – Co. Tyrone, N.Ireland
- Terry, 56 – Retired Air Steward – West Midlands
- Briony, 33 – Full-Time Parent – Bristol